Find out how you compare to other job seekers who are competing for the same jobs. Are you branding or positioning yourself incorrectly and putting yourself at a disadvantage with your resume by ‘shooting yourself in the foot?’
Is your resume killing your chances?Research by BakosGroup.com revealed that most job seekers believe they have to accept weaknesses, some invisible and / or outside their control. Resumes pass through a disqualification process by employers and recruiters. Why allow these screening techniques eliminate your opportunities based on their pre-conceived, mostly illogical, conclusions of your background?
- ‘Hidden / Invisible’ weaknesses that you never knew that are disqualifying you
- Secrets of ‘Disqualifiers’ that employers & recruiters use to screen you out
- ‘Theming & Packaging’ your resume — critical but few people do it
- Not changing what you have done — changing the way you are communicated
- How to arouse curiosity and interest, and be the one they want to hire
- Understanding the 3Ps — Synching Personality, Perception & Performance
- How to stop revising your resume for each job and using multiple resume versions
- Creating a keyword-rich, optimized resume
- How to convert an obituary-styled resume to a compelling, persuasive marketing piece
- Our experience and research have shown that resumes prepared by personnel professionals, writers, friends and colleagues are often ineffective; books and software are 1-dimensional and too general, and often contain hidden impediments.
- Preparing your own resume lacks objectivity and all the nuances and facets of your background to arouse curiosity and interest in your employment candidacy.
- At best, your obituary-style resume, describing what you have done in your life, is equal to your invisible competition with no edge (less than 1 out of 1,500 resumes results in job procurement). Your unique configuration of skills, abilities, talents, achievements, energy, personality and style must be conveyed concisely and persuasively.
- Your resume has a life expectancy of 10-15 seconds with each potential employer; then it dies, forever buried.